Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rolfing and MELT

I just had another Rolfing session this morning. I had MELTed before and thus checked in with my body to see if all was where it needs to be. I had worked out some kinks, and Jason took care of the rest when he applied the techniques of Rolfing.

MELT and Rolfing are so very complimentary to one another with their focus on fascia (which I also call connective tissue even though it is not the same).  Both modalities are bodywork, MELT being ‘hands-off’ self-treatment, Rolfing hand-on (or ‘elbow-on’ as the case may be).

The effects of both modalities by themselves are astounding. I teach MELT one-on-one, in small groups as courses and as classes, and it is most gratifying to see one person, a few or many lie perfectly still after a class, reveling in the sensation that they have improved the way their bodies feel through their own intervention.

I often hear people explain MELT to others with the words that it feels as if you had a massage. And all you do is use a soft foam roller or the little balls for the hand and foot treatment.

After I left my Rolfing session with Jason this morning, my body felt totally aligned and every movement was completely effortless. I pondered on the synergy between the two techniques both of which produce remarkable results by themselves. But put them together …… I was ready to fly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment